Date: Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 1:02 PM
Subject: [brahmoconferenceorg] Re: Information about Haradev Chatterjee
I would lay short odds that both refer to the same Haradev Chattapodhyaya who holds many distinctions in Brahmoism.
1) As the Secretary of the Tattwabodhini Sabha from 1840 till 1845.
2) As the second person after Debendranath to take the First covenant in 1843 from Ram Chander Vidyabagish
3) As the close friend and confidante of Debendranath and Akhoy Kumar Dutta, who played a pivotal role in formulating both the second part of the Brahmo Dharma (1848) as well as the Brahmo Anusthan of 1861
4) As the Adi Brahmo who first started the practice of street processions and nagarkirtan which was later copied by future factions.
5) As the father of 2 daughters married to Debendranath's sons. His elder daughter Neepamayi Devi (also spelt as Nipamaya) marrying Hemendranath Tagore and the younger sister Prafullamayee Devi marrying Birendranath (the fourth son).
--- In email@example.com, Saurav Brahmo <saurav@...> wrote:
> We have information on Haradev Chatterjee (all variations) for
> 1) Bolpur (Bhirbhum, W.B.)
> 2) Santragachi (Howrah, W.B.)
> There is also additional information in the Tattwabodhini records.
> >Dear Dr Sanyal
> >Is there any information about Haradev Chatterjee in the Adi Samaj records
> >Shymal Dutta Basu
> >(Dept of Sociology) UCAM
Ram Mohan Roy
History of the Brahmo Samaj